Opens: August 6th | 6:00PM
Closes: August 26th | 3:00PM
General Admission: $1 entry donation
Call the box office for more info
The first artist trading card dates back to 1997 in Zurich and started as a collaborative cultural performance. The Artist Trading Card project builds on different traditions. Miniature art has been in existence for centuries tracing its heritage back to the illustrated manuscripts of scribes in the Far East and Europe prior to the 15th century.
The origin of the modern trading card is associated with cigarette cards first issued by the US-based Allen and Ginter tobacco company in 1875. They were the precursors of the sports cards and other trading cards. An important influence on the ATC concept were art movements of the 20th century which advocated a more popular art: Art not for museums or auctions but from and within everyday life.
In this respect, the ATC project has an affinity with the Fluxus movement and with Robert Filliou’s notions of a “fête permanente”, a “création permanente”, or an “eternal network”. The “art of participation” as an interactive process can be traced back to the 1950s, and it developed within different genres like performance art and happenings, action art, mail art, or later computer art.
Artist Ndola Pensy introduced the artist trading card idea to SWFL in 2017 with great reception among artists of different mediums in the area.
Curated by Cesar Aguilera.
We call for artists of all mediums to participate.
The rules are simple:
-Cards MUST be 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches (64 mm × 89 mm) in size
– No limit on the number of submissions
– No frame.
– Any medium is accepted.
– There’s no specific theme.
– No prints or reproductions. (unless it is digital art)
– Cards will not be for sale, but we will have a trading party at the end of the show. (not required)
– Deadline for submissions is Friday, July 24th, 2021.
– Deadline for delivery of accepted work is Monday, August 3rd, 2020 at the SBDAC
– Artist name, medium, and title on the back of each art piece.
– Submit your good quality images to email@example.com with your name, medium, and title of each piece.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets except for cancelled events that are not rescheduled. SBDAC does not offer refunds on purchased ticket. In rare circumstances when a performance may be cancelled (due to extreme weather, artist absence, or other unavoidable situations) we offer refunds or replacement tickets for another performance.
Thank you to our 2020 - 2021 Sponsors!