fbpx
Select Page

Then, in 1933 a 23,000 square foot United States Post Office was built to replace the fort.The Post Office, designed by prominent Florida architect Nat Gaillard Walker, opened on the site. A rare masterpiece of Neoclassic Revival architecture in Florida, the building’s massive columns were made of limestone from the Florida Keys. Plus, the walls were embedded with coral formations and sea shells.

Share