Help support the arts and earn great discounts by becoming a member!
Fort Myers Film Festival Presents:
Cosplay Contest and Block Party
Sunday, May 21st 2023
2:00pm – 3:30pm
In the street in front of Art Center
Free to the public
Call Box Office for more information
Calling All Movie Buffs, Gamers, Comic fans, Trekkies, Whovians, Rebels, Jedi, Sith, Hobbits, Wizards, and cosplayers. Join us for a Free to attend Cosplay Block Party including cosplay competition in front of the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center!
In celebration of the Red Carpet Event Florida Premier of the last film of the Festival: “Lost Cos” starring Evgenia Radilova. The block party will take place from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in front of the Art Center.
The film “Lost Cos” will play at 4 p.m. inside the SBDAC. Tickets to see the film are $10. Rooftop After party to follow the film and award ceremony. Meet the star of the film, enjoy a special performance and dance the night away!
The Costume Contest will be “Runway” style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or homemade costumes. This competition is open to all skill levels.
- One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
- All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
- All contestants must sign up 15 min prior to the start of the contest at 3.
- All costumes must be PG. No nudity or risqué costumes. No costume is no costume.
- No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
- No harmful or dangerous weapons, no offensive or obscene costumes. Do no harm and use your best judgment.
*The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
- Contest is at 3pm
- Roll Call will be 15 min before, and all contestants need to be in the staging area at that time for line up. More details will be given when you sign up.
- Contest Registration will take place at a table at the SBD center and free block party.
Groups are allowed, open to all ages.
Prizes will be 1st 2nd and 3rd: all places will receive tickets to the movie screening of “Lost Cos”
ABOUT THE JUDGES:
Holtsclaw Cosplay is a cosplayer who specializes in detailed armor builds and prop replicas. They have over 10 years of experience in costume design and have created costumes for characters from popular series such as The Mandalorian , Destiny 2, and Apex Legends. In addition to cosplay, Holtsclaw is also a gamer and has an Etsy shop called Holtsclaw Studios where they sell custom costume commissions.
Geeks to Gods Fitness and Cosplay is a cosplayer and fitness enthusiast. His account features cosplay photos as well as workout and fitness content. With over 31.9k followers, he shares his love for cosplay and fitness and provides inspiration and motivation to his audience. On his Instagram, you can see some of his impressive cosplay creations, including original mashups like Ninja Turtle-Spiderman and Joker Spiderman.
Toxique0 is a cosplayer who creates costumes based on popular characters from anime, video games, and other Japanese media. Their cosplay creations include characters like Toga from My Hero Academia, A seasoned vet in the cosplay space she is always ready to help new and upcoming cosplayers. Toxique0 has also participated in cosplay competitions and frequently appears as a guest at conventions like SWFL Anime-Fest and SWFLCon.
Avera Cosplay is an award-winning cosplayer, artist, and maker known for detailed armor builds and mashups. She has created costumes from popular series like World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Monster Hunter. Avera frequently participates in cosplay competitions and has won awards at events like MegaCon, DragonCon, Blizzcon. She was the Southern Champion for The Crown Championships of Cosplay and has been a guest and panelist at conventions all over the US. Avera shares her cosplay work and cosplay tips with her followers on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok.