INVASIVECollaborative Exhibition in Partnership With the Foundation for Lee County Schools
RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS
INVASIVE Promotional Flyer
For additional exhibition information please email Devon@sbdac.com
For Classroom or School Department Grants questions, email email@example.com
October 5, 2016
Deadline for Entry
November 15, 2016
Receive Class Assignment(s) by this date
November 16, 2016 – April 21, 2017
February 17, 2017
Deadline to submit rough, preliminary artwork proposal
(This should include a very brief description of what media the artwork will be and a rough scale for the piece.)
April 24, 2017
Deadline to submit Artwork Information to SBDAC
- Artist Names
- Scientific Species Name (Common Name)
- Brief Description, including: Place of Origin, Method & Time (if known) of introduction, why it is a threat to our ecosystem (i.e. why is it a problem in Southwest Florida?), and how it can be controlled (NOTE: This description should be written by the students and should be in paragraph form.).
May 1, 2017 INSTALLATION DATE
- You are responsible for arranging transportation of the artwork and at least one representative student from each group to the Art Center for installation.
- Pieces should be ready for installation (outfitted with appropriate hardware, etc.)
May 5, 2017 OPENING RECEPTION
- 6-10pm During Art Walk! All students, faculty, families, and administrators are invited!
May 5 – 24, 2017
May 24, 2017
EXHIBITION LOAD OUT
- If a species is sponsored by an area business the artwork will be given to the sponsoring organization, otherwise you should arrange pick up of the artwork and it will belong to the school. Any piece remaining after May 26th will become property of the Art Center and may be disposed of as seen fit.