Suzuki Violin Lessons FAQ
What is Suzuki violin method?
What ages are ideal to begin violin lessons?
Will I learn to read music also?
How often will I or my child need to practice?
Do I have to buy a violin?
- Properly sized instrument and bow, approved by instructor before first lesson (Cadence Music in Fort Myers is a good place to find a violin)
- Suzuki Violin School instruction book & CD (Volume depends on student’s level)
- I Can Read Music instruction book
- Christmas Solos for Beginning Violin (Mel Bay)
- Daily Practice Calendar
- Other materials as needed
How necessary is parent involvement?
Sound like a lot of effort! Is it worth it?
Suzuki Violin Instructor
Kara Walker Griffith
Ms. Griffith has a BM degree from Indiana University where she studied with internationally renown string pedagogue Mimi Zweig. She has been prominent violin instructor in the area since 1988. She was the founding instructor at the Edison Park Elementary violin program, and was also a founder of Gulf Coast Music School, and currently Grace Strings, her home-based violin studio. She has been a violin section member of the Southwest Florida Symphony, the Naples Philharmonic, and Nautilus Chamber Music. Currently she directs the SBDAC’s Davis School of Music, and is the Education and Outreach Director for the Southwest Florida Symphony. She shares her passion for downtown and the historic SBDAC and loves to provide lessons in this beautiful downtown gem, bringing in even more families and young people who appreciate and value the arts in their homes and communities!
Thank you to our 2020 - 2021 Sponsors!